Monday, December 5, 2011

Musing Mondays - Dec. 5, 2011 Edition

Part of the weekly blog meme hosted by Should Be Reading, I (and you) get to answer the following question:

How many books do you read in a week? Month? Year?

That's a hard question for me to answer.  It all depends on the size of the book and the author.  The Series of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin easily took me a week to read the first book, and a couple weeks to read each of the subsequent books.  I haven't touched a Dance with Dragons yet, mainly because I don't own it (and it's on my Christmas list), but I expect it to take a couple weeks to read through, especially with Christmas coming up.

Typically though, I can read 1 to 2 books a week.  If they're short books, like Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse novels, I can read each of her books in 2 nights.  The bigger the book, the longer it takes me to read.  

Of course, it also depends on what I'm doing.  If I'm travelling and doing a lot of flying, I obviously will read through books quicker, especially if I grab a book that interests me at the airport.

So looking at it.  I guess it could be said that I read between 4-8 books a month, which would be between 60 and 90 books a year.  Wow.

That's a lot of reading.

What's your numbers look like?