Monday, November 28, 2011

Musing Mondays - Nov. 28, 2011 Edition

As an addition to my regular blog posts, I will be participating in the blog topics shared by Should Be Reading when I can.  Musing Mondays asks a question of blog owners and their readers to answer.

Today's question:  Will you be buying books for the holidays, this year? If so, for whom, and why?


My Answer: Yes.  Every year I purchase books for my son and often for myself.  Occasionally for my husband, but not so much as he's into reading e-books and I still like the solid paperback novels that I can wack a spider with.

This year, my son gave me an extensive list of books (as well as video games) that he wanted for Christmas.  They include:
  • Halo the Flood
  • The Janitors Son
  • The Basket Counts
  • Slam Dunk
  • Shoot for the Hoop
  • Tough to Tackle
  • Origami Yoda
  • Red Pyramid
  • The Throne of Fire
  • Lemonade War
  • This Means War
I'm actually impressed that he submitted a list of books he wants to read (even if one seems to be instructional).  My son has a great love for reading and I will gladly encourage that as best I can however I can when he requests books as gifts.