Tuesday, November 22, 2011

About Kayhynn's Turn the Page

I teased, Nov. 22, 2011, that I would be posting about something I had in the works on Facebook.  What I was referring to was this blog.  And I'll be honest here: I suck at blogging.  I have my personal gaming blogs on my own site, but seeing actual followers, having actual people read what I write is kinda rare to me.  So it was suggested that if I want to be seen, want to get opinions, reviews and commentary on books out there, to start a blog.  Looking at Klout, Blogspot or Tumblr seemed the way to go. Tumblr ended up losing out, so here I am.

I said it earlier, I'll say it again: I suck at blogging.  However, this will be my first attempt at successful blogging for a number of reasons, mainly because I like writing and if I can write reviews on a regular basis and see some interesting feedback and conversations on it, encourage people to buy, and more importantly read, books that I've enjoyed, GREAT.

I also have a number of friends who are authors, who have published books both past and present and I plan to post about those books and encourage sales for them too. Why?  Because I support what they have done
and continue to do.

I have reviewed books for other sites, such as Romancing the Page - several of those reviews will be linked here over the next few days - and I will continue to cross post reviews there with the owners permission, but for once, I want to own my reviews, not someone else.

This blog will contain not only reviews of books, but various editorials and commentary on writing, what I enjoy reading, what makes me pick up a book and more.

I can't promise daily updates (refer to the above about how I suck at blogging) but I will promise regular updates.  The more feedback I have the more updates I'll end up doing as well.