Monday, June 24, 2013

Musing Monday - June 24, 2013 Edition

Here's today's Musing Monday's as posted by Should Be Reading's blog 
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying with it.
Just like last week, for this week's musing, I'm going with point three and talking about what I'm reading right now.

I have finally made it back to reading the Queen's Blade Series by T.C. Southwell - Master of the Dance.  This book follows in the same line as the other ones, but the story is getting a bit repetitive.  There are only so many times the "hero" of the story can be captured, tortured, rescued, etc. before the pattern gets dull and boring and it is very close to being too repetitive for me now.  While the story is still good - and I'm 300 pages from the end of the novel - I'm waiting for something different.

It's almost like the author has a constant need to remind you that the character is a dick but there's something more to him, but keeps teasing that because he's too much of a bastard to show it.  Seriously, I got the point already - he's got redeeming qualities - let's just get past the BS and show it already.

Yeah - the book might be dragging on a bit now for me.   We'll see how I finish it and start the next one..