Monday, June 17, 2013

Musing Mondays - June 10, 2013 Edition

It's been a little while, okay a couple months, since I've done any of the daily writing themes for review sites.  So tonight I'm back with today's Musing Monday's as posted by Should Be Reading's blog 
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying with it.
For this week's musing, I'm going with point three and talking about what I'm reading right now.

I've started reading the Stormlord series by Glenda Larke.  I originally started with book three, on accident, but have finally purchased the first two books for my Nook.  The books in the trilogy are:

  • The Last Stormlord
  • Stormlord Rising
  • Stormlord's Exile
I just finished The Last Stormlord last night and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.  A lot of time is condensed through a very short book (only 500 pages).  Unlike the last book (which I read first) it seemed very rushed.  I've only read it once so I'm not sure how I'll feel after I read book two then re-read the books.

Larke tells a good story and I think once I read all three books, it will all mesh together well, but for now, it's hard to say.

Check out more from me later this week as I talk about the books a bit more indepth on Wednesday.