Monday, January 21, 2013

Musing Mondays Returns: New Format

Looks like while I was busy not blogging, Should Be Reading's blog changed the format on Musing Mondays, which will actually make it easier to write for.  See below.

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
So for today's (which is a wee bit late, sorry) - I'll discuss one of my reading habits.

Normally, I like to read just before I go to sleep, unless I've taken something to help me sleep or I'm exhausted.  Reading helps to relax me and slow my brain down.

Unfortunately, not all books help with that.  The Hunger Games series was one of those that I just couldn't put down.  Each chapter end was suspenseful and I had to turn the next page.  My husband is finding it to be the same way.  Most of the time I can stop just about anywhere (though I prefer to wait till the end of the chapter) and pick up again the following day or when I have a chance.

I have also been reading more on my Nook Simple Touch than my paperbacks lately.

How bout you?  What are your reading habits?