Monday, December 16, 2013

Musing Mondays - Dec. 16, 2013 Edition

Here's today's Musing Monday's as posted by Should Be Reading's blog.

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying with it.

This week, I think I'll go with what book(s) I recently bought for myself and why I chose that/those book(s).

I actually recently purchased a bunch of books, including some from a Facebook group (where I got 5 hardcover books for $5), others from A Novel Idea bookstore, and then Laura Chapman's book, Hard Hats and Doormats, for my Nook.

So let's start with the easiest one for me to define why I bought it.  That would be Hard Hats and Doormats.  I bought it simply because I know Laura, I worked with her for several years and would like to see her earn something for her efforts.  I'm sure I will enjoy the book and look forward to getting to read it.

Next was the collection of 5 books I picked up for $5 from the LinConsign sale group on Facebook.  Those books were:

  • Best Kept Secrets by Sandra Brown
  • Lisey's Story by Stephen King
  • Hey, Good Looking by Fern Michaels
  • Origin in Death by Nora Roberts
  • The Sexy Years by Suzanne Somers
Now, to be honest, these were purchased because I knew all but one of the authors and read books by each of the authors, so I figured these new books would be something good to read.  I haven't touched them yet, but I intend to.

And finally the books I picked up from A Novel Idea, which were: 
  • Dark War by Glen Cook
  • A Cruel Wind by Glen Cook

And these were because they were parts of series by Glen Cook I haven't read yet and want to.

If you haven't read the Black Company series by Glen Cook, I strongly encourage you to.

Thanks for joining me today on Musing Mondays.  Feel free to leave your answers to the meme here.