Monday, February 4, 2013

Musing Mondays - Feb. 4, 2013


After missing a week (it was a long week last week) I'm back with today's Musing Monday's as posted by Should Be Reading's blog 
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
I think I'll be going with point 2 today and talking about books I recently purchased for myself.

After downloading and reading the free books The Queen's Blade - Book 1 of The Queen's Blade Series and Prophecy - Book 1 of The Slave Empire series I found that I wanted to continue reading the stories.  Both books leave you with cliffhangers and you quickly want to get the next book to continue reading.  This was definitely the case with The Queen's Blade and I purchased the next 3 books for my Nook Simple Touch and read them at every spare moment I could.

Now, I originally downloaded the free books because they seemed interesting by their synopsis - and they were.  If a book is good and there's more, I'll definitely buy more of the series.  Now that I have finished the next three in The Queen's Blade, I need to purchase the rest and then purchase the ones in The Slave Empire series.

What I really like about the books is the worlds she writes in are two different worlds.  One is a midieval/arabic style set world, the other is sci-fi.  Very unique.

Check out the books, which are still free for download on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble.