Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Has it really been 2 months since I last posted?

I have to say, I'm using the "Road to Hell is paved with good intentions" de-motivational poster more often than expected.  Because really, I do have good intentions, but a lot of things get in my way at times.  It also appears I have several articles in draft format that didn't post the days/weeks I wanted them to post.  Oops. Must rectify that error in the future.

All of that being said, since May a number of things have happened:

  • My son turned 13
  • Summer basketball started which created havoc with night time schedules
  • Had an event to work at (NW Pinball and Gameroom)
  • Had a lot of writing related deadlines at my day job
  • Freelance jobs coming in 
  • As well as work I do for Twin Galaxies
  • and playing some video games for review..which I need to still write the reviews for...go figure.
It took up a lot of time, so while I was reading, I wasn't always writing reviews like I would have liked to been doing.  Writing for a living is a curse - it often kills the creative writing I'd much rather be doing.

Unlike the last post, I'm not going to make any well intention-ed posts of what I plan to do later this week - it's been proven that the minute I declare my plans, the world will conspire against me to destroy them.  So what I will say, instead, is that I will attempt to do better and may open this blog up to other things besides book reviews/book related commentary.  And that may start tonight with a rebuttal to a sensitive topic in my world.

But hey, gotta start somewhere and here might as well be it.  


TLDR Version: I suck at writing blogs, I admit to this. I'm trying to improve.  Honest.