Saturday, February 11, 2012

Kim Harrison's The Hallows Series

One of my readers asked about the series of books I started reading in the middle.  The following is a list of Kim Harrison's "The Hallows" series in the order in which they should be read.

I do not include short stories found in various anthologies, just the books.  If you're interested in seeing all of the books and stories in order, please visit Kim Harrison's site here.
  • Dead Witch Walking
  • The Good, The Bad, and The Undead
  • Every Which Way But Dead
  • A Fistful of Charms
  • For a Few Demons More
  • The Outlaw Demon Wails
  • White Witch, Black Curse
  • Black Magic Sanction
  • Pale Demon
  • A Perfect Blood
  • Ever After (Coming Spring 2013)
I started the series almost directly in the middle without realizing it when I saw White Witch, Black Curse in the bargain area of Barnes and Noble.  I looked the book over didn't see anything saying it was a part of a series so got it. Then I picked up Black Magic Sanction and Pale Demon, because inside the books those were listed at the top (I didn't realize they were listed in reverse order - oops).  Subsequently, I read Pale Demon before Black Magic Sanction and realized pretty quick I must of read them in the wrong order.  

Either way, it became clear that they were after White Witch, Black Curse and I realize that I now need top pick up all the books before them.  You can start in the middle of the books, but you will miss out on relationships as they go through the books.

Hope this helps those that were wanting a list of her books.